Home INR Monitoring Patient Training
At Alere, we believe that proper training is the key to Home INR Monitoring success.
We are the only national service provider that offers personalized
Face-2-Face® training for all new patients on all INR monitoring systems, regardless of insurance coverage.
The Alere Face-2-Face® proprietary training program is administered by experienced and accredited nurse trainers that assures your patients receive the personal attention they deserve. Our goal is to always ensure a patient’s maximum success and confidence in Home INR Monitoring, which ultimately increases their ability to remain compliant with your prescribed testing instructions.
Patients will actively participate in the training session and will only graduate training when they have demonstrated full competence in testing on their own or with the help of a caregiver.
Once we have verified the patient’s insurance coverage and they are enrolled in the Alere™ Home INR Monitoring Program, one of our Alere trainers will schedule a Face-2-Face® training session.
During training, patients will learn how to:
- Obtain a blood sample with a simple fingerstick
- Operate the INR monitor
- Report their INR test results
In addition, your patients will also receive helpful tips on how to maintain a healthy and safe lifestyle while taking warfarin, with our Alere™ WellLife educational program.
Patient Training Options:
- Training in the comfort and privacy of their home by an Alere trainer
- In your office, during office hours by your Alere trained office nursing staff.
For reimbursement billing, your office may then choose to either:
• Directly bill insurance for training services
• Bill Alere for training services (staff to become Alere trainers)
Alere’s Commitment to Training Excellence
Alere™ Home Monitoring trainers are certified by the nationally recognized training program from the University of Southern Indiana (USI), College of Nursing and Health Professions. This program, which is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, was co-developed by Alere and USI.2
This interactive online Certificate Program is the only accredited program available today for Home INR Monitoring and has been reviewed by local and national experts. The course focuses on the clotting system, clinical evidence to support self-testing, patient assessment, principles of successful adult teaching strategies, and teaching strategies specific to Home INR Monitoring.
- CMS National Decision Memo for Prothrombin Time (INR) Monitor for Home Anticoagulation Management (CAG-00087R), 3/19/2008.www.cms.hhs.gov.
- Anticoagulation Patient Self Testing Educator Certificate Program from the College of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of Southern Indiana.
* University of Southern Indiana, College of Nursing and Health Professions.
Alere™ Home Monitoring Service Program
Alere has developed an industry leading program to help healthcare professionals provide the highest quality anticoagulation management.
Contact Alere 1.866.408.1205 today!